So you have received a Virtual Tools starter pack – awesome! We have prepared guides that will help you through every step of getting your donated devices up and running.
are you a healthcare worker interested in trialing a starter kit? LET US KNOW.
Advanced usage set-up & tips
Want to learn more?
Watch our in-depth orientation video to answer all of your questions
set-up Tips from other Healthcare workers using this system:
- If you have more than one three pack and they haven’t come with labels, label them front and back with a unique sticker (animals work well) that groups them together.
- Try to set up your stand right where the nurse does their charting. We found that in order for the devices to be used, they had to be in your face at your workstation.
- Headphones helped or a bluetooth headset at the Nursing Station improved the quality of communication dramaticially.
- One charging cord at the workstation was usually enough, since the devices wouldn’t run low at the same time, but it had to be long enough to reach the devices in the stand at the workstation. As soon as devices had to go somewhere else for charging they were easily lost. Every device needed to be either in a patient’s hand or back in the workstation stand.
- Nurses needed a stand to keep their workstation organized but patients seemed fine using the devices in their hands. In fact, putting a stand in the patient room often resulted in the device being plugged in near the wall which prevented the patient from being able to use it from their bed.
HELP US BY SHARING YOUR STORY
Did you have a great experience using this system? If so, we’d love to hear from you – please email us or share your story on social media with the hashtag #covidvirtualtools.
These devices were sourced, formatted, and donated by community volunteers – and the more people who are excited about covidvirtualtools.ca, the more kits can be made. Help us get the word out!