So you have received a Virtual Tools starter pack – awesome! Just a few more steps and you will be speaking virtually – and securely – to your patients. Start with our Quickstart Guide and then watch our video. Questions? We’re here to help, so drop us a line if you get stuck!
If you are a healthcare worker interested in applying for a pre-configured starter pack of devices, apply here.
Watch our in-depth orientation video to answer all of your questions
set-up Tips from other Healthcare workers using this system:
- If you have more than one set, label them front & back with unique stickers that groups them together.
- Set up your stand where the nurses do their charting. We found that in order for the devices to be used, they had to be in your face at your workstation.
- Headphones or a bluetooth headset at the Nursing Station improved the quality of communication dramatically.
- One charging cord at the workstation was usually enough, since the devices wouldn’t run low at the same time, but it had to be long enough to reach the devices in the stand at the workstation. As soon as devices went somewhere else for charging, they were easily lost.
- Nurses needed a device stand to keep their station organized but patients seemed fine using the devices in their hands. In fact, putting a stand in the patient room often resulted in the device being plugged in near the wall which prevented the patient from being able to use it from their bed.
how to install or remove signal
HELP US BY SHARING YOUR STORY
Did you have a great experience using this system? If so, we’d love to hear from you – please email us or share your story on social media with the hashtag #covidvirtualtools.
These devices were sourced, formatted, and donated by community volunteers – and the more people who are excited about covidvirtualtools.ca, the more kits can be made. Help us get the word out!