Use the following guides to set up your device or when you’re learning to use your loaner device. It’s quick, easy, and you’ll be connecting with your health care team in no time. You can also have friends and family download Signal Messaging App to connect with you while you are in the hospital.
Want to learn more?
Watch our in-depth orientation video to answer all of your questions
Are you borrowing a device? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Think of your loaner device like you would a public computer in the library
- Don’t enter your personal information onto it (like passwords or credit cards)
- Don’t modify it by downloading apps or surfing the web
- Just use the Signal App for secure, encrypted transmission over the internet
- But keep in mind that the devices themselves are not secure:
- There are no passwords locking the device from others
- Someone could steal the device
- So please use the ‘Disappearing Messages’ feature in Signal – set it to 30 min
- And above all else, we hope that your loaner device can help during your stay in the hospital!
HELP US BY SHARING YOUR STORY
Did you have a great experience using this system? If so, we’d love to hear from you – please email us or share your story on social media with the hashtag #covidvirtualtools.
These devices were sourced, formatted, and donated by community volunteers – and the more people who are excited about covidvirtualtools.ca, the more kits can be made. Help us get the word out!